Lomond Park Tennis Club aims to create and enjoyable environment for all children and adults who wish take part in tennis or other sport and social activities at the club. Lomond Park Tennis Club are committed to prioritising the wellbeing of all children and adults, promoting safeguarding in our club at all times including all programmes and event we run. We strive to minimise risk, deliver a positive tennis experience for all and respond appropriately to all safeguarding concerns.
• We believe that children and young people have the right to be safe, secure and free from threat. In Line with the LTA safeguarding policy that children under 12 years old should be supervised by and adult when at the club.
• We believe that young people have the right to be treated with respect and to have their concerns listened to and acted upon.
• We will ensure that the club provides for the needs of junior members through specific programmes, designated facilities and safe practice. All children taking part in activities (matches, coaching, etc) at the club should complete a Parental Consent Form.
• We have procedures in place to address poor practice and to help any young person who appears to be at risk, or who appears to be the victim of abuse. We will offer help and support when a child or young person tells us that they are being affected by these issues. Please click here for a copy of our full safeguarding policy.
• We will take steps to ensure that any club volunteers or professionals working with children are suitable to do so, through the use of references and background checks.
• We will ensure that all of those working with children are made aware of the LTA code of conduct for people working with children in tennis, and are required to follow it.
• Everyone who is involved in tennis has a shared responsibility to support this by promoting the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk
• The club has an adult member who is specifically responsible for children, young people and child protection, Click here to meet our Welfare Officer, Sue Bruce. Details are in the clubhouse & on the website.